1. Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton, Amazon $16.49
You're probably already familiar with Brandon's work from your Facebook or Instagram feed. He turned his wildly popular blog into a book a few years ago. It's a fantastic photographic census of New York City.
2. Feast for the Eyes: The Story of Food in Photography by Susan Bright, Amazon $35.28
You already know that part of the reason Staci and I travel is to eat our way around the world. This book takes food photography to the next level by giving an in-depth look into the growing food photography movement. (I could learn a few things!)
3. Dalí: The Wines of Gala by TASCHEN, Amazon $47.97
Even though I've been on about 20 wine tours in my life, I still can't remember a damn thing about vino. This book sets out to organize wines “according to the sensations they create in our very depths.” Learn all about wines of the world through Dalíesque groupings as “Wines of Frivolity,” “Wines of the Impossible,” and “Wines of Light.” Maybe by combing art and wine, I'll actually learn something this time.
4. Made in North Korea: Graphics From Everyday Life in the DPRK by Nick Bonner, Amazon $25.31
This may seem like a weird choice, but it's actually super interesting. The book uncovers the "fascinating and surprisingly beautiful graphic culture of North Korea -- from packaging to hotel brochures, luggage tags to tickets for the world-famous mass games." The author has collected thousands of items that provide a rare insight into North Korea's state-controlled graphic output.
5. Places To Go, People To See by Kate Spade NY, Amazon $31.51
If you like beautiful design, colorful photography, and Kate Spade-style inspiration, then this book is for you.
6. The Book of Everything: A Visual Guide to Travel and the World by Nigel Holmes, Amazon $12.56
This book covers everything from how to wear a kilt, to how to eat a lobster, to how to play croquet. It's an illustrated guide by our friends at Lonely Planet!
Now what are you waiting for? Get cozy, grab one of these books, and get to planning your next trip!
P.S. If you have a #BossLady in your life, you should get her this! Staci got me this for the holidays this year and I LOVE it.