As usual, this year's summer is accompanied by a chance of spot thunderstorms almost every day.
Since I don't love carrying around emergency rain gear that takes up a ton of space on my commute, I'm in favor of waterproof (and fashionable) items that can fold up into neat little packages. Here's my current list of affordable travel gear for rainy (or just summer) days.
1. Packable Hiking & Cycling Hooded Travel Rain Cape, Amazon $21.85
A little more interesting than a plain old raincoat, plus everyone can still see the cute outfit you're wearing under it! Bonus -- it folds up!
2. Baller Hat, Lululemon $38
I'm not a huge fan of the Lemon, but this hat is pretty great. It's water-repellant and sweat-resistant, so you can also wear it during a workout.
3. Slimline Travel Umbrella, The Container Store $14.99
Cute, portable, and sturdy. What's not to love?
4. Lightweight, Packable, Water-Resistant Hiking Daypack, Amazon $15.99
I'm a huge proponent of packing bags within bags just in case the need arises for more storage. This one is great because it has a ton of pockets and is water-resistant.
5. Jeffrey Campbell Stormy Rain Boot, Urban Outfitters $55
These look just like my everyday Chelsea boots except they're waterproof! I'm in love.
6. Portable Rain Hood, The Grommet $24
Don't want to lug around an entire rain coat? Just bring the hood! Boom! Instant rain coat!
Stay dry out there, kids!