These are pretty much the worst posts to write, and we wish we wouldn't ever have to. Of course our heart goes out to the people grieving in Great Britain. We'd rather not give credence though to the terrorists and discuss their actions any further. So if you need news updates, here you go.
In the meantime, as a travel blog, we remind you that it is important to not let terrorism hold you back from experiencing the world. In fact, experiencing new places, meeting new people, and understanding new cultures is a great way to combat the irrational, narrow-minded thinking that leads to hate.
Neither of us has been to Manchester, which is not far from London. But Staci has been to London twice, once during her semester abroad, and once with Jen a few years ago. And we both find it delightful. So in honor of the U.K., start planning your visit with our jolly old posts and some photos you may or may not have seen.
- A visit to the Tower of London's memorial to World War I, a beautiful art installation.
- Ogling the handsome faces of the United Kingdom.
- Jams for a U.K. dance party.
- The bajillion sights you need to see in London.
- The one meal London does well -- tea and scones.
- Jen's tube-inspired meltdown.
- Netflix and chilling the shit out of London.
- Packing for the U.K.
- ...And more packing for the U.K.
We love you England!
-Staci + Jen