March starts this week and I am super stoked about it because it's basically the best month. In addition to spring weather and my birthday, last year, March marked the beginning of one of my favorite events in Baltimore that I've ever been to -- Light City.
My photos from last year don't even do it justice. It's well documented here how much Jen and I love public art, and the atmosphere in the city was amazing. You can kiiiiinda get a taste of how amazing it was from Light City's video:
Light installations were set up throughout the city, there were concerts every night, different neighborhoods took part with their own light displays, and there were live performances throughout.
If there was ever a time to make a visit to Baltimore, it's for Light City, which takes place this year between March 31 and April 8.
Here's what's on tap for this year:
- Light Art Walk: The art installations are all free to see and light up every night at 7 p.m. There are 24 stops along the art walk which stretches a mile and a half through downtown Baltimore.
- Neighborhood Lights: The neighborhoods in and around Baltimore also take part. Little Italy's lights are in walking distance from the downtown art walk, and you can also get the best food after seeing the lights in Hampden.
- Performances: This is an actual A-Z guide of performances. A TO Z. And that doesn't include music. Personally, I'll be trying to make it to the fireworks, the Baltimore Jazz Alliance, the illuminated fitness walk, and the Misako Ballet.
- Music: Music has its own category. Don't be like me. Last year I missed DJ Jazzy Jeff. This year's lineup includes Biz Markie. Baby you...you got what I nee-eed.
- Labs at Light City: And if you're so inclined, Light City also includes conferences on health, the environment, food and more.
I can't wait. Will I see you there?