Bad weather sucks. In fact, this morning it broke my umbrella.
It especially sucks when you're on vacation. You just paid however much money to get out there and explore, not to spend your time curled up inside a hotel room streaming Netflix (though that sounds amazing right now). Being prepared to trek around in all types of weather can be a challenge (this especially holds true in the land of five-minute weather samples: Iceland). You want to be protected from the elements, but don't always want to look like an advertisement for Gore-tex. That's where this list comes in!
Here are some fashionable rainy day finds:
1. The North Face Grace Jacket, $199 The North Face -- a classic trench with modern technology to keep you dry. Bonus: it has vents built in to prevent overheating (a common problem in raincoats).
2. ASOS Gamble Wellies, $36 ASOS -- Cute, comfy, AND practical!
3. Converse All Star® Rubber Hi, $70 Zappos -- A waterproof sneaker? I'm sold.
4. Herschel Studio Settlement Water-Resistant Backpack, $98 Need Supply -- Always nice to have a hands-free option so you can carry things like say, an umbrella. This bag safely carries electronics so you don't have to worry about your camera getting soaked.
5. Levi's Commuter Skinny Jean, $88 Levi's - FINALLY! A waterproof pant that doesn't look like ski-wear.
6. Katia Black PVC Cap, $16 Missguided -- A great option for unfortunate hair that accompanies bad weather.
7. SmartWool Hike Light Crew Socks, $18 SmartWool -- My go-to socks. Quick-dry and comfy!
8. Umbrella, $38 Kate Spade Saturday - An umbrella that offers full coverage that you can actually see through so you won't miss the sites (or walk into other people).
In case you doubt the effectiveness of these products, I can vouch for most of them. I've personally tested them in my shower to make sure they'll hold up should I find myself standing still under a waterfall.